About the school
Founded in 1985, the Chippendale International School of Furniture is one of the world’s leading furniture making and furniture design schools.
Every year our cabinet making courses buzz with up to 22 furniture designers learning the best of traditional and modern furniture making. See Student Gallery.
Our furniture school runs intensive nine-month furniture making courses, providing the equivalent of a three-year course in less than a year.
We also run, from time to time, short (five day) ‘taster’ courses, with the next one planned for 5th to 9th January 2015.Find out more about the school
Our furniture school runs furniture design courses and cabinet making courses, giving you the skills to become a professional furniture maker and woodworker.
- Intensive nine-month furniture design, making and restoration course
- Practical course with 1400 hours of hands-on bench time
- Encouragement and enabling of design and creativity
- Parallel assistance with marketing and public relations opportunities
- Inspiring countryside location in Europe’s most beautiful country!
The Chippendale International School of Furniture is located near Edinburgh in Scotland in the UK.
As an international school, half or more of our 22 students come from outside the UK: the US, Canada, Mexico, Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and China.
Students’ backgrounds are equally interesting and diverse.Info for international students